Higher Surgical Training Programme 2019/2020 - HPB - 10th & 11th December 2019 (CST OBSERVER SPACE ONLY) Places Available
10th Dec – 11th Dec 2019
England Surgical Simulation Programme 2019 - 2020
Evelyn Cambridge Surgical Training Centre, Melbourn
An opportunity to observe on the East of England Surgical Simulation Programme HPB Course.
Day 1 (Liver) Using preserved human cadavers, the candidates will be observe:
- Mobilise the liver
- Carry out hepatic hilar dissection
- Remove the liver preserving the inferior vena cava
- Split the liver along its principal plane and also carry out a hepaticojejunostomy.
Day 2 (Pancreas) Using preserved human cadavers, the candidates will be taught to carry out:
- Distal pancreatectomy + Splenectomy
- Retroperitoneal dissection of the aorta, coeliac axis and superior mesenteric artery.
The observer places are for East of England Core Surgical Trainees only (we reserve the right to approve all applicants)
For East of England trainees, we do require a £100.00 holding fee, which will be processed from the card details provided by you if you decide to cancel or if you do not attend on the day. Places cannot be transferred to alternative dates. Places will only be secured once you have inputted the required details on the website and called with your card details.
(Mon, Tues & Thurs 9am - 3pm)
(Tues to Thurs)
01763 262039 (Mon, Tues & Thurs)
The course takes place at:
Evelyn Cambridge Surgical Training Centre